The purpose of this Fund shall be to honor the life of Emily M. Burke by providing financial support to those institutions and activities that were important to her. These institutions and activities may change with time and need. Changes will be made at the discretion of the Foundation, but Donors reserve the right to suggest changes based on changed circumstances or emerging needs in the community. Examples of fund recipients or activities may include, but are not limited to, these areas:
- Maintenance or improvements of the Athletic and Instrumental Music Facilities at Liberty High School;
- Provision of athletic uniforms or instrumental-music equipment for needy students;
- Maintenance or improvements of athletic facilities at Saint Joseph Catholic Church in Eldersburg, MD;
- Funding for youth retreats or for needy students to attend retreats at Saint Joseph Catholic Church in Eldersburg, MD;
- An annual Girls Fast Pitch Softball Tournament in the Eldersburg, MD area; and
- An award made to one or more students at Liberty High School who have shown remarkable character in service to others.